Friday, May 12, 2006

Greg's Birthday

Today is Greg's birthday, my brother-in-law in New York, so enjoy your 45th birthday. This picture was taken last year in Holland when my sister and Greg came over to visit us. Greg is a cool guy; he likes his music and has a very mixed variety, and has the biggest collection of baseball hats I have ever seen. Greg grew up in the Bronx and Spanish Harlem in New York, very tough places to live and if you survived to be an adult and escaped the crime, beating, mugging, shooting and day to day torment, you deserve a medal. During his teenage year this was a very hard place to live. I admire Greg for his determination, his struggle in his younger years and escaping from an area of New York that was so tough on a kid. I still have a found memoir of helping Greg repair the drainpipe on the house in the winter this year, freezing our balls off up a ladder. Next time I’m coming in the summer! Happy Birthday Greg

No comments: