Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Wildspitz event

Have you ever been on a guided tour around a football stadium, well this was part of our event as a thank you from Swisscom Mobile for providing a solution for their FIFA World Cup 2006 football campaign. There must have been at least 30 people who attended, 10 from my company 724 Solutions and around 20 from Swisscom who were involve in project ‘Wildspitz.’ The stadium is the home ground for the local Bern football team ‘Young Boys’ and is the Swiss national stadium, and if you remember I have already mentioned them before earlier in my blog. The stadium has also had a name change from the ‘Wankdorf Stadion’ to Stade de Suisse, Wankdorf. Maybe this is better, but it is still in Wankdorf, but I have already mentioned this and so has Robbie Williams when he was playing in concert here last month, as he said to everyone (which was quoted in the paper); ‘Are you all feeling Wandorfed tonight?’ so he obviously reads my blog. Anyway back to the event. So spilt into 2 groups we had a guided tour around the stadium to start with, we went everywhere, up in the highest parts (as you see from the pictures), and then into the executive suites, the VIP areas (which I’m very familiar with as I have been there 4 times), then into the changing rooms and lastly on to the pitch for some penalty shootouts against one the YB’s goalkeeper. So I went first, and my first shot was saved, well that’s what happens when you blast a shot at the goalkeeper, so I had another go and in typical English style I shot it over the bar, so in total I had 5 shots and scored the next 3. Rather than run up and just blast the ball I took 2 steps and placed the ball in the corners and scored, so the idea is to place the ball and not hit it like a headless chicken. We then had drinks and snacks, mingled and watched YB in a training session. A few of us thought we would also have a kick around with a ball and played ‘Keepie Upies’ basically keeping the ball up without it touching the ground. All good clean fun! As my Chinese buddy ‘Jun Shi’ was training with the rest of the team I managed to spend some time speaking with him and to my surprise he gave me a signed number 21 YB shirt, yes this was great as he went into the changing rooms and got his team mates to sign his numbered shirt there and then, yes a new fresh shirt. I was hoping with all the skill we had shown the YB Coach may have picked us to play in the team, but no such luck, he must be blind, actual so blind as he has now resigned (3 weeks later). We then went to play table football in the stand, with the winners player each other and the losers player each other. Well as you see from the picture Swisscom won, the best of the best and we were the losers of the losers, never winning a single game. I think this was down to me, as I was terrible in attack, mid field and defense. We finished the evening down town back in the city having more drinks and food, so all in all a great event… Thanks Swisscom Mobile, I look forward to the next deal!

No comments: