Sunday, April 09, 2006

Switzerland

Home agian...... What a day, it was beautiful weather when I left Brighton and went back up to Gatwick, lucky for me my parents took me to Brighton station in the car as when we got there we found out that there were no trains to Gatwick as they were doing engineering works on the main line. So as we were in the car we took a trip up to Gatwick, which lucky for me it was a Sunday so the traffic was quiet, actually everyone was coming down to Brighton so we were against the traffic so this was good. I was pretty early so I ensured I checked in with easyJet and made sure I was in group A, which means you can board first, well not actually first cos you have to wait for the small children and families first, so it’s then a mad rush to get the seat you want. I always go for the very front row, but only on easyJet. Well it worked and I got a front row seat, just had to dash past a coupe old Grannies on the way…not really! I thought I would 'time' the journey, yes I must have been board to even think about doing this but I thought I would like to know how long it takes from the plane taking off to get to the coast of France. Well to my amazement from the runway, once the pilot put his foot down and we were accelerating down the runway (head pressed back in the seat), it took 18 minutes to get to the coast of France. Pretty good I thought, then the lovely sunny weather was slowly getting worse and when we finally got into Switzerland the sky was full of mist and you could not see anything. Even when we were landing it was not until we were around 100 meters from touch down that we could see the runway. It was (excuse my French) Pissing down! And it never stopped all the way from Geneva to Bern. I arrived back home around 9:30pm, unpacked, had a bath and went to bed, hoping that Monday would be a nicer day, but is snowed all day long, so much that the streets were covered in snow. I have no idea what’s going on with the weather, but today (Wednesday) it’s getting better, no more snow and the sun was out today.

No comments: