Saturday, April 29, 2006

Saturday, what a day!

Well I started off as usual getting out of bed at 10:30am and then had a load of things to do before I could go and watch the football down at the pub. Mr. Pickwick pub in Bern, the English bar where you can watch all the football, esecially the English premiership. So I did some shopping, which I kind of like now as I'm getting better with my Deutsch and can ask for something without looking too silly. Yes, I was in Migros again, as they do everything, even their own Chocholate, which isn't too bad, a little sweet but ok. Well I did the shopping and my washing (clothes) then was free to go down into the centre and relax and watch Man U getting beaten 3-0 against Chelsea. So with 3 games left to the end of the footabll session Chelsea are now the league Champions. 3 nice goals and Joe Cole as man of the match made a good afternoon of entertianment, oh yes and a couple of nice smooth pints of Guinness is even better, although I feel a little tipsy as I have not had any lunch yet. I'm now waiting on Bas (my buddy from Hollland) to arrive and then the fun starts again, maybe with something to eat as I'm pretty hungary now. Oh yeah, I also got a VIP ticket to this evenings Young Boys game in Bern, but with only 1 ticket and 2 of us I offered this to Marc, but as he is busy then Marissa will have to be the VIP again (3rd time). Well she is used to the format and will have a good time, nice dinner and she can pick me up a programme whilst there. I saw Jun Shi today at the hotel and he said he could only get 1 ticket, so Marissa is the lucky one again. Jun Shi will not start the next Deutsch class (pity) as he is off on international duties with his home country team (China). But I asked him to give me a call on his return so we can catch up, afterall I need to ensure I maintain my number 2 fan status as Marissa is now the number 1 fan and she can sit at the VIP YB's dinner table and chat with the President, giving my regards and applogizes for not being there...It's a funny old game! Another good result for Newcastle United, they had a draw 0-0 with Birmingham City, so this now put them 7th in the Premiership, well done! Well what's in store for tonight, where shall we go and will Bas have some fun, lets see! Catch u all l8tr!... So what did we do, well nothing too exciting on a first date! We went out for something typically Swiss to eat at ‘The Anker’ (I think the W dropped off!)and I had my favorite ‘ Winzer Rosti’ and Bas also tried this. It’s wonderful well I like it anyway. Too much for Bas, but then he’s not used to being in a country that is not flat, so I think he was feeling a bit dizzy. After the food, I took Bas on a tour of the city, and we stopped for a few drinks here and there before walking back home. We must have walked for miles and miles, but then you need to after a Rosti.

No comments: