Friday, April 28, 2006

It's Friday again!! Wow where does the week go?

Well it's been a week since I last wrote something and that's not because nothing has happend all week, it's because I've been extremely busy with work, so I apologize and will try and make the coming days more fun so there is something to read. Today was our last Deutsch lesson for a few weeks, well actually the last lesson of the first basic course, so I am now fulent at asking someone if they speak English. Ready, ok here goes; 'Sprechen Sie Englisch', so isn't this good? Well not quite, if that is all I have learnt then throw me to the Bears in Bern followed by some tomatoes and eggs as that is terrible and an insult to Marc (our teacher). So the next chapter will be a summary of my first course (although I missed a few lessons due to work and travel) but hold on to your seats and prick your ears back cos you are in for a lesson.................... :-) Erste Schritte! Guten Morgen, Gute Tag, Guten Abend und Gute Nacht. Hallo, ich heiBe James und wie heiBen Sie? Mein Name ist James. Wie bitte? Ja, Mein Name ist James (Bond)! Wer ist das? Das ist mein Vater und das ist meine Mutter und mein Bruder und meine Schwester. Das ist meine Familie. Nummers: eins, zwei, drei, veir, funf, sechs, sieben, acht, neun, zehn, elf, zwulf.... Ich bin vierzig Jahre alt. Das ist meine Frau Sie ist 31 Jahre alt. Wie alt sind Sie? Entschuldigung Sie bitte! Wohnen Sie auch in Luzern? Nein, ich wohne in Bern. Kommen Sie aus Spanien? Nein, ich komme aus Schottland. Und wie ist Ihre Adresse? Meine Adresse ist G.....Bern. Und wie ist Ihre telefonnummer? Meine Telefonnummer ist 079........ Vielen Dank. Sind Sie verheiratet? Nein, ich bin Ledig! :-( Sie ist verheiratet und habe zwei Kinder. Ich habe keine Kinder. Hallo! Wie geht's? Gut, 'Tip Top' und Sie (du)? Sehr gut! Was sind Sie von Beruf? Ich bin Verkaufer. Und was machen Sie gern? Ich spiele gern FuBball. Ich fahre gern velo. Ich schlafe gern. Ich gehe nicht gern einkaufen. Was essen Sie gern? Ich esse gern Brot mit Butter und Kase. Ich trinke gern Tee und Bier. Ich esse am liebsten Schokolade! (mmm) Entschuldigung, wo ist der Kaffe, bitte? Der Kaffee ist Da! Danke. Was kostet die Schokolade? Die Schokolade ist 1 Euro und 70 Cent. OK that is the end of the lesson, Vielen Dank und Gute nacht!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

very impressive, almost no mistakes :)

Anonymous said...

Hey James, did you transcipt your german school book? ;-)
Only a few mistakes. If it sounds as good as it looks like, I'll be impressed as well!

Anonymous said...

Hey Bim,
Your German is great, now if you could spell as well in English you'd be fine! Yeah, yeah..whatevah! I know my spelling is not that hot but then again I always blame it on the American versus English version...works for me!

James said...

Thanks Kate, but you haven't seen my Russian yet!
Markus, well if I could only remember from one week to the next I may stand a chance, but I'm trying! :-)
Fifi, ok spell check is great if you have an idea on how to spell, but at least I use the English version, although Microsoft tries to add the z in words instead of the s. Thanks all for you comments and take a look at Kate's site if you want to be completely confused! :-))