Saturday, September 08, 2007

Day Trip around Switzerland

Another early start and late finish, will I ever get to sleep in and be lazy, or should I say more lazy than usual.. Well it was worth it, a very enjoyable day out with my old buddies from the Philippine community. A bus full of crazy Philippina housewife's, tonnes of food, singing, bad jokes and me! From the start to the finish we never seemed to stop eating, there must have been enough food to feed the 3rd world and I think I ate half of it. Not good for my fitness program and to shed a few kilos, but then it's not everyday and I can enjoy and indulge once in a while.
It was organized by the Samahang Philipina Bern group and this was their annual Excursion and my second. So where did we go? Well we started off from Bern and our first stop was Aarau, then onto Lenzburg castle, the Cloister Church in Muri, Lucerne, then on to Fortress Furigen (Swiss Army historic museum built into the mountain), and then a scenic round trip along the lakes (the Golden pass train route) towards Brienz, Interlaken, Thun and back to Bern. So all in all a very enjoyable day and some beautiful places we stopped off at on the way. I have probably missed the names of a few as we made so many stopped I was never sure where we were. I look forward to next years!

No comments: