Tuesday, September 04, 2007

SYPOBA

SYPOBA! What the hell am I talking about? Well try it and see. As I try to keep in a little bit of shape I often try new sports activities and at my fitness center there are always opportunities to try something new. So having done a bit of Pilates, which is improving every time I go, well I think so! I was asked if I would like to try SYPOBA, yes easy for you to say, but I still can not get my tongue around the pronunciation. So what is it? Well it's kind of balancing on a piece of wood and not just standing still but whilst balancing trying not to touch the floor with either side of the wood you are standing on, bend over touch your toes, twist your position and a load of impossible maneuvers. So today was my first class and I thought I would be smart and not join the beginners but the advances class. Big mistake as these guys all knew how to balance and move without any problems. But for me it was good and for my first killer lesson I manged to stay balanced no problem and even successfully moved around. It's great fun, very hard work and I was sweating like a fat boy when the class finally came to an end. One hour of this is very tough, so go and have a go 'if you think you are hard enough!'

No comments: