Friday, September 07, 2007

Dexys Midnight Runners

Today I was rudely woken by what first appeared to be Dexys Midnight Runners, well if you know them you must be as old as I. Well it wasn’t quite them ringing on my door at 8 in the morning, it was the plumbers. What are the plumbers doing so bloody early in the morning disturbing you from your sleep I hear you say? Well there was a notice in everyone’s mailbox to advise us that they would be in and out off people's apartments today as they are renewing the hot water boiler system for the heating. And yes I think we will need it pretty soon as it’s getting a little chilly in the evenings. Anyway it wasn’t Dexy and her Midnight Runners, no not at all, but the initial appearance through sleepy eyes, bad hair and just my underpants (not that I sleep in my underpants but had to pull on something quick -oh err!), I thought I was being dragged off into the back of a van, you know like one of those TV contests, and I would have to sing in a band and wear dodgy baggy Dungarees covered in paint and stuff.

No comments: