Friday, September 07, 2007

The Soup Dragon!

Do you remember the 'Soup Dragon' from children's TV back in the 70's? Well if you do you must be as old as I, so check out the link if you don't know what the hell I'm talking about. Well I was not really going to talk about children's TV but I was reminded by this when I started to make soup. Yes I can make my own and I love to experiment with vegetable soup. So here are my ingredients for a cold Autumn night; Leeks, onions, garlic, red chilly pepper (be careful cos I put 2 whole ones in and cut them open, big mistake as the soup was red hot), potatoes (slided), vegetable stock, basil leaves, baby whole mushrooms, cauliflower (chopped) and some salt, pepper, ginger and herbs. Then I left it in a big pot on a slow cook and stunk the whole apartment with the aroma of vegetable soup, which reminded me of the Soup Dragon. Yes I'm strange but some silly things trigger off memories.....Oh, the soup lasted a few days and was fantastic, well a bit too hot, so no cut open chillies next time.

No comments: