Sunday, October 22, 2006

Noise Annoys, did your Mama ever tell you noise annoys?

Do you get a bit ‘Pissed off’ when you are on public transport and there are some really annoying people? Well I was on the train from Bern to Geneva airport, ready for my holiday to the UK on a very quiet train in the early afternoon. For the first 20 or so minutes the carriage was very quiet, no speaking and people happily reading books, papers, or just having 40 winks relaxing with the sun shining through the window. When the silence was very rudely broken by a disturbing and booming voice several seats away. Without having to turn my head I knew this guy had no consideration for his fellow passengers and (in French) managed to talk for the next 30 minutes until we (the rest of the passengers, probably whole train), were glad that he finally got off at Lausanne. But prior to that, around 10 minutes into this guy’s conversation another guy had to make a call (in Portuguese), seemingly having to compete with the first guy for the loudest mobile phone conversation on a train. So next time I travel on a train, I will try and find the quiet carriage and take my book and keep away from the people that are obviously training for the Olympics’ or the Guinness Book of Records for the most annoying people on public transport record! I’m not saying don’t use your phone or personal entertainment system, but do have some consideration for other travelers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you. I think it rude when people have loud converstions on their cell phone while waiting on line in a bank. It is as if they want you to hear their conversation especially when they get animated and start using profanties...I mean C'mon now is that necessary but alas some people have less manners than pigs in a stye!!!!!