Sunday, October 28, 2007

PC or not PC that is the question

I think I'm turning into my computer! Yes you may think I am strange or have lost the plot, but I woke up this morning thinking what was the difference and I believe I am one in the same as my PC. A Metamorphosis has taken place and my PC and I have become one. A bit like the movie 'The Fly' when actor Jeff Goldblum becomes one with the fly that enters his telepod. Good movie and probably more interested than my story, so I advise you to stop reading this and go and watch the movie instead. Anyway back to me and my PC (no not Police Constable, but Personal Computer), so where was I? mm, OK so I was thinking what is the difference as I think we are the same in many aspects as noted: We both switch on in the morning and run through the starting up process. For me it's a wash, clean my operating system, dump download, and a refresh my parts. Then check all my features and attributes are working properly or I would need to do a restart, a bit like getting out of the wrong side of bed, if it does not work, go back to bed and start again. Then some intake of new information and energies, which is breakfast of course, followed by a levels check to ensure that everything is topped up ready for the day ahead. So with my power levels up, disc cleaned and my chips eaten (maybe the lunch reboot), I'm ready to start the day. My virtual world then begins and I become an extension of my PC or is my PC becoming an extension of me? mmm that's a little like the chicken and egg... So all plugged in I'm ready to switch off from the real world and enter my virtual world. If you too are experiencing these problems, take my advice and get yourself a life and switch off the PC and go for a walk, it's better for your health and it's real..

No comments: