Monday, October 15, 2007

Brushing up on my English

A trip back to my mother land is always a pleasant welcome. It's an opportunity to catch up with old friends, and yes we are all getting older! :-) Spending time with my family and trying to ensure I give them all a piece of my attention, love and warmth.. haha! Anyway this trip was a 10 day break from work and I was able to brush up on my English slang, learn all the new buzz words (so I could fit in and not look like a foreigner in my own country) and eat all the lovely English food I have missed for the past few months since my last trip. For example, I love the smell and taste of fish and chips and to eat them out of the bag, well it's the only way you should eat them... Also a nice Sunday roast, an unhealthy English breakfast and to get to 'Subway' for a tuna and cheese melt, not forgetting the number one dish, an Indian curry. Anyway my trip home was most enjoyable and unfortunately I never seem to have enough time to spend with everyone, but then there is always next time!

No comments: