Thursday, March 15, 2007

Andy "Warsaw"

Well not quite Andy Warhol, well actually nothing to do with him at all, although these are artists, but in the music industry.

As I arrived at Warsaw airport Poland, I thought I was getting a heroes welcome of sorts, but unfortunately it was not for me but for the Polish Eurovision song contestants for 2006 who were just returning from a tour of the US and Canada. So as I happened to be at the airport at the same time then I thought it rude not to wait and see them arrive and I did have a 30 minute wait for my colleague Markus flying in from Helsinki Finland. So I wanted to know who this elusive band was and see if I could get a few pictures as I always remember to carry my digital camera with me just in case.

Well the bands name is ‘ich troje’ and I had never heard of them, but they seem pretty popular in Poland and Ania the girl singer is cute! So with all the commotion I still managed to get some good pictures, especially after Ania’s television interview as she meeted and greeted her fans. So I thought I would wait in line and pretend I was a fan so I would get a better picture. Well I did not just get a better picture; she also gave me a big hug, kissed me on the cheek, so I returned the complement and squeezed my hand. Bloody marvelous I thought, and what a pleasure she probably thought kissing such a wonderful fan. She then said something to me, unfortunately in Polish then dashed off to make a get away in the car. I think she actually said, thanks for coming and I'll see you tonight big boy!

My buddy Markus arrived about 10 minutes later missing all the fun and off we went to our business meeting, unfortunately not in the city but an industrial park. As this was a last minute meeting and we had other scheduled meetings either side (in other countries) we did not have the pleasure to visit the city before we had to get back to the airport. These particular trips are killers, as you get up early and get home late. My day started at 4:00 in the morning and I returned home at 1:00 in the morning, so all in all a very long day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"see you tonight bigboy"..whatever!!! She probably said "if you squeeze me one more time I am calling security"

James said...

yeah yeah! She actually said thanks for coming!