Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Life is a Cabaret

Pinch me and wake me from dreaming as I am lost in a kaleidoscope make-believe world, and reality is dragging me from my unconsciousness and teasing me out of my safe and warm sanctuary. Another dawn has blessed us and my alarm with its annoyance is forcing me into a decision, but my senses are still in a state of limbo and do not want to react. But before I can absorb the sound of my alarm into my dream, my body twitches into life and like a robot my outstretched arm returns the room into silence. Do I have to endure this every day, I think to myself as I turn over in bed and wait for the recall 10 minutes later? I finally submit to embrace another day and reluctantly emerge from under my duvet and kick start my sleepy body into first gear. What will today’s adventures be and do I really have much control of them, or should I slip back into bed and carry on dreaming? As you have probably gathered I love my sleep, but don’t seem to go to bed early enough to benefit from it. So now that I have finally taken my conscious breath, yawned and stretched, I can draw back the curtains and welcome the daylight into my room. To me it is like the first act at a theatre and as I’m the curator of this story, ‘let the show begin!’ So without making this a long and boring tale I will just summarize the day and return back to bed… The point I want to make is that everyday we start a new day, a new adventure and try to make this day better than the one before. Throughout the day we absorb new information from numerous sources and store that away in our heads, although segmented into different storage areas to be recalled at a later date when we think we need this. Some information is hidden so deep we forget how to retrieve this, or it is not filed away properly and gets put in the wrong filing cabinet and lost in the depth of our mind. Throughout the day we are normally compounded by news and gossip and there never seems to be an absence of media sources that will compound us on a daily basis. Once we have finally exhausted the little energy we have left then it’s time to return to our safe haven and recharge our batteries for the next day. So I shall now close my curtains, my blog and slip quietly into bed so I can regurgitate today’s information into another bizarre dream….. Good night!

No comments: