Saturday, March 25, 2006

The Weekend

I was rudely woken by my alarm telling me to get out of bed it's Saturday and I have had my 8 hours sleep and to get my lazy arse out of bed and do something. I thought I haven't had enough sleep yet, it's the weekend so shut up and leave me alone, but as I had to get out of bed to switch the alarm off I looked at the time and it read 9:30am and the sun was shining. So I thought I should do something constructive, after all I was due to go snowbaording but the weather in the mountains was bad and once again this put a stop to this. I then saw the message from Markus telling me to be ready at midday so we can have a day out in the little historic town of Murten, in the French part. I then thought that my plan would be to do a 'spot of shopping' and get some food in the cupbaords for the weekend as the shops close at 4pm and I will be forced to go to the Bahnhof (station Migros) to get some supplies as they are open on Sunday. Well my plan did not work, I was too lazy and only just managed to get to meet Markus and his girlfriend Michaela on time. Here are some pictures taken in Murten, and for more information on this beautiful historic medieval town click on the link. Starting from the top left the pictures are; a view from the top of the defence wall of the inner city, Markus, Michaela & Thing (from the Addams Family resting on Michaela's shoulder), the high street, some wind surfers and a kite surfer (who was excellent!), Michaela testing her balance so she can join the Olympic wind surfing championships (no chance!), another view of the bottom end of the town and the vineyards. PS all these pictures where taken with a Sony Ericsson K750i as I did not have my good camera with me....so not bad

No comments: