Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Guten Tag!

As I am now living in Switzerland I thought it only right to learn some lingo! My 5 years living in Holland should put me in good sted to master this, but how wrong I was. So today was my 3rd lesson, so I can now say 'Hallo' to someone, not sure who, but to someone none the less. Maybe this section should be in German to show my new skills? Ok, here goes, the basic stuff so don't laugh. Guten Tag, ich heisse James, ich bin 40 (vierzig) Jahre alt. Ich komme aus England und meine Telefonnummer ist +41 79...... Well that's it for now with the German, maybe some more next time, once I learn how to ask for the time. My class is great, full of international students, from everywhere; Poland, France, Italy, Spain, Florida, Miami, Paraguay, Turkey, Philippines and China, oh yeah, the guy from China is Shi Jun (no:21) the international footballer, who now plays for BSC Young Boys. He promised me some free tickets to his next game, so can't wait. Anyway I'm off to bed now so Tschuss, Gute Nacht and Auf Wiedersehen (Pet!)

No comments: