Monday, April 16, 2007

Mountains and Mole hills

Why or why do we make a mountain out off a mole hill? I’m referring to the latest saga with the Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty and the kiss from Richard Gere. Was this an act of indecency in public? Well I don’t think so (although this is my opinion), and if anyone is guilty surely this is Richard Gere (the kisser). Although I would like to have also kisses Shilpa as I think she is wonderful. Maybe this was a little inappropriate as Richard did seem to get a little carried away, but he was only kissing her on the cheek for goodness sake. The Bollywood movies, which I’ve seen a few (having dated an Indian girl), are all about love and kissing aren’t they, so arn't these promoting the KISS? So why do certain Indian groups want to take this to the Supreme Court to charge Shilpa with indecency, after all she was the innocent party, was she not? And with all the trouble in the world, see my previous blog report, why are we making something so trivial into a drama? Maybe this is publicity for a new movie??? Anyway for a country and people I have great respect and admiration for don’t let something so silly create such a big fuss, especially with the burning of effigies in India, which to me is far worse.

No comments: