Saturday, June 23, 2007

Bike, Bikes, Bikes

Not knowing what motorbike I should buy I thought I would try out a few. Not an easy job as they all have certain characteristics I like and dislike. So where does one begin? Well you should start off with one you fancy and go from there. I was not really sure which bike to start with as I like a few and having had mainly sports bikes in the past I really did not want one like this, but rather a 'naked' bike. Yes naked because there are no fairings and pieces of ugly plastic all over it. So naked in effect and you can see the engine and moving parts, which I think looks cool, a real street bike! So what will it be?....no idea! But I have always liked the look and sound of the Ducati Monster. So I checked out to see where the nearest Ducati dealership is in Bern and by chance it is not too far away in Ostermundigen. Having finally found the shop (not so easy) I was impressed by the size of the dealership, not only was there a large selection of Ducati's, but Triumph, Harley Davidson, Buell (never heard of them), Aprilia and many used bikes of various makes. Wow I thought to myself, even more choice and a lot of sexy looking bikes, so picking one will not be easy. Having spend an hour looking around and finding out what a Buell was I narrowed my selection (which was supposed to be 1) to 3 bikes that appealed to me. Firstly the Ducati Monster, then the Buell XB12S and finally the Triumph Triple Speed 1050. more to follow...........................

No comments: