Friday, June 30, 2006

Mum's in town!

As I have had my younger sister over for a short break my Mum decided that she would like to come also and as Jeff (my stepfather) was going to South Africa to spend some time with his son in the Kruger Park (Jurassic Park as it feels when you are there), then she was free to come and pay me a visit. I went to meet her at Zurich airport and wanted to make sure I did not get caught out like before, so I checked and double-checked the arrivals terminal to ensure I was waiting at the correct one. And once again whilst waiting at terminal 1 reading the arrivals sign and flight information that clearly said arrivals 1, she was no where to be seen. So rather than panic, I walked through to terminal 2 and there she was, waiting 20 minutes for me. Is there something wrong with this airport, as I made sure I was at the right terminal and twice it has caught me out! Anyway, we jumped on the train back to Bern and I pointed out the places of interest on the way, not forgetting all the Graffiti, which seems to decorate the journey. Once in Bern we walked to my apartment so she could get familiar with the city and how close everything is, forgetting that Mum is not as young as me so the altitude may make it harder, but she managed fine. We walked over the suicide bridge and watching people swimming in the river Aare. Rather than doing any more train journeys we stayed in Bern and did some exploring. I even took Mum up to the ‘Rose Garden’ as I had promised her one! :-)

No comments: